"Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love."
Mother Teresa

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Random Wednesday

First of all my good old boy, Salem the cat, is sick again....or still maybe?
His dizziness and staggering like a drunk resolved within 2-3 days.  We got antibiotics into him (at least as much as he didn't spit out) for a week til gone.  On the last day of antibiotics he started to sneeze a little.  Cats will sneeze occasionally but this seemed a little more often.  It's been 4-5 days of sneezing and snorting to clear his nose.  I am sure this must be viral but have no idea where he picked it up.  He is a totally indoor cat and we don't have any other animals coming in.
He eats and drinks like normal although he seems more listless.  Sometimes I think he feels a little warm so maybe a fever, but other times not.  I think seeing the Vet again would be a good idea, but since he is eating ok and his breathing is ok I don't believe there is much to be done at this point.  I am hoping to see some signs soon that he is feeling better...if not we will go back to the Vet.

Remember this little trouble maker?

I somehow managed to put one buttonhole on each side.  I ripped it out and started again (for the 3rd time) and now I have managed to get the top half finished successfully with 2 button holes on the same side....terrific!  The problem is it is supposed to have 3 button holes and I missed the middle one somehow.  It bothers me a little (only a little) but I think it will look ok with 2 buttons instead of 3.  I am going to finish it, but its possible I could rip it out again if it doesn't look good.  I love this yarn and I will not give up on this top!

Our garden is looking much better than years past.  Funny how much difference a little weeding and a little fertilizer makes.  We have an abundant supply of leaf lettuce and it looks like we will have at least 6 heads of broccali and lots of squash and beans soon.

I leave you with a foggy Lake Michigan picture from yesterday. I have lived near this lake all my life and love to see it in all its moods.  We often drive by the lake just to see what it looks like, even in winter.
 
(I had trouble adding pictures from my tablet, it's worked fine til now ((sigh)).  Anyway,  I used my phone to add the pictures and then previewed it.  The layout on my phone was all messed up.  If you are reading from a phone is it readable or is the text running down the left side?)

Til next time,
Peace

6 comments:

  1. I'm sure 2 buttons will look fine. I know what you mean about looking at the lake. We live near mountains and they change every day never mind every season. I love looking at them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are more patient than I. All that yarn would be in the trash by now if I was having that trouble. Love the photo of the lake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I'm so impatient too, I would have done the same, though it's not frugal and I'm trying to avoid that kind of behaviour nowadays. The lake is utterly beautiful, Marilyn, you are lucky to live there. I hope your cat gets better soon, it's so heartbreaking to see our little pets suffer ! xx

      Delete
  3. Hello. I just discovered your wonderful blog. I too have a special cat so I was sad to read about your Salem being ill. I do hope he is recovering. The sweater you are making looks lovely. And I love the lake photo. I love in southern California and we had some days with the marine layer which I love since I enjoy the cooler days. My best to you, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope Salem's feeling better, it's so hard with pets as they can't say how they feel! Well done with the buttonholes, you sound very patient xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope that kitty is on the mend by now! Thanks to you, I'm on my second time with that sweater; it's a great pattern. Loved the lake photo; it's been really hazy here from the fires in BC. Today, though, we have clouds for the first time in days.

    ReplyDelete