"Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love."
Mother Teresa

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Wine and a Black Cat

Hi friends,
I'm not sure why but August seems to have flown by.  Fall is not far off.  We are having cooler nights and more rain.  I have worn socks for the last 2 days!  That's a sure sign summer barefoot weather is coming to an end.

Last Saturday I went on a wine tasting bus trip with my daughter-in-law and daughter.  It was fun bonding time with both my girls. My former employer has some really fun social activities and the bus trip was one of them.  My daughter-in-law is also employed there.  We had a great time.  Michigan has some great wine country about 3 hours from here.  There were some prizes and games on the bus, and it was fun to see some of my former co-workers.  We left about 7:30am and went to 3 wineries.  We had a yummy lunch and also a couple hours on our own shopping time in downtown Traverse City.

   DIL Darcey left, daughter Stefanie middle, me right
   Rows and rows of grapes.  You can see a sliver of                Grand Traverse Bay in the background.

It was a fun outing and the weather was perfect.

Our house has seemed empty since we had to put our 14 year old cat down a couple weeks ago.  I don't think we have been without at least one pet since our daughter was 10.  She's 33 now!  We went to visit one of the local cat rescue shelters last week and of course we brought home a cat.  I went with the intention of finding a young cat, a calico or torti cat, definitely not a black cat.  Don't get me wrong...I love black cats, but I felt it would just remind me too much of Salem.

This is our new little fur-baby....Agatha


She walked right up to me and I fell in love.  She has medium long hair and is all black with green eyes. When I heard Agatha's story I knew I couldn't leave her.  She was dumped at the shelter last winter.  She was skinny, her skin was a mess and her fur was coming out in patches...and both of her hind feet had tape wrapped around them.  Turns out she had flea allergy dermatitis.  They probably taped her feet to stop her from scratching herself.  In spite of that she is very sweet and affectionate.

The shelter had named her Agatha and I planned to change her name but I kept slipping and calling her Agatha....so Agatha (or Aggie) it is.

I am counting the days until school starts...only 5 to go!  It is time for a bored granddaughter to be back in school and I am ready for life to get back to a normal routine.

Til next time,
Peace

7 comments:

  1. Your trip sounds like a lot of fun. Glad to hear you adopted Agatha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for black cats! Our best cat ever was black. Agatha is a fun name....makes me think of a certain mystery writer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love your new little kitty. She is precious. I don't know what we'll do when we lose our dog. She is such a big part of our lives. I'm glad you found a new furry companion.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure that Agatha will really enjoy her new home with you and you will enjoy having her to live with you too I am sure!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see why you fell in love with her, Agatha is gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had no say in that adoption. YOU were chosen by Agatha. A beautiful cat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Agatha - she looks really cute.

    ReplyDelete